Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Milestones




Significant in relationships are all of those little mile markers.  And we seemed to cram quite a few into our weekend.   Hadn't really thought too much about it--going to the beach for the weekend--until Xing Fu said that he was a bit nervous about it.  Strangely, I wasn't--I'm usually a big worrier--will we get along, will we get bored with each other, etc., etc.  I did bring a couple magazines along with me--never opened 'em...we just were busy & involved in each other.  Xing Fu brought magazines as well--his concern was that we'd run out of things to say to one another...HA! No need to worry--it was a phenomenal weekend--came back just feeling even more sure of where things are headed. 

On our way back from the beach we went to the Spin Sheet Crew Listings Party in Annapolis.  It was an opportunity to find a boat to race on together..not sure if we've found one, but it was a start.  It also marked a kind of "official" public outing together amongst mutual friends/acquaintances--another milestone.  I think I was actually more nervous about that then being at the beach. 


And yet another marker is the start of the Wednesdays on the West River.  I can't wait--I've certainly missed being out there on the water...but again, what a difference a year makes.  Last year my son & I joined a boat down on the West & that's where Xing Fu & I met.  It seems impossibly far away...never thought this would happen between us...but here it is...and I wouldn't trade it for the world.



No comments: