Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Cohabitating Frogs


OK, some of you may have noticed that I changed the wording on my header & description (or mebbe you didn't).  Well, the times they are a changin'.  I think it is probably good to indicate that I'm no longer writing about dating & all of those lovely frogs I kissed--the blog's focus has definitely shifted (sailing certainly is still in there).  I think it is fair to say that I'm writing more about the trials & tribulations of an LTR & how to successfully blend families after divorce.  Yup, that's it!  And, it ain't easy...but for the most part we seem to have navigated part one fairly well--from introductions to doing activities together to spending a week at the beach.  Yeah, there are bumps in the road, but if this were part one of the story, we've closed that chapter & now onto the next.  Which brings me to the "MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT"

Chapter Two?
If it weren't hard enough to bring our families together, Xing Fu & I are now going to push the envelope some more.  We are really planning to blend the families--no, not what you're thinking--no wedding bells.  But we are going to live together.  That's the plan & oh boy, as happy & excited as I am to move our relationship to the next level, I am rife with anxiety as well.  I realized today that I haven't lived with anyone besides my kid since I kicked my ex out in 2004.  Big changes coming for us all.  We've always said that we test the reaches of our relationship--those early relationship tests--like getting stranded in a snowstorm together all of two weeks into our dating one another.  I think we're up for the challenge.  Stay tuned!
 

2 comments:

Nello said...

He totally will share the remote. He may not even notice it's there. And as the last unmarried woman who roomed with him, I highly recommend him.

Unknown said...

:)