Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Almost Three

I am thinking it's a sign
That the freckles in our eyes

Are mirror images and

When we kiss they're perfectly aligned


--Such Great Heights,  The Postal Service

Just about three years ago, things began to change dramatically for me.  I received a text while I was shopping for groceries which said, "I hope our freckles align."  I think that may have been the most romantic thing anyone has ever said to me.  When I read that text, it literally took my breath away.  I remember the moment precisely.  I was walking with my cart toward the frozen aisle at the Shoppers at Greenspring, thinking about how my weekend was quite strange but knew that something may shift soon, so I was already in a heightened state & there it was. I won't ever forget that time--when I'm frustrated or irked with Xing Fu, I remind myself of that text & I'm transported back to that day.  And to this day, some of the most touching, & eloquent things are said to me via written correspondence of some sort.  Even as we edge closer to the three year mark, & as Xing Fu likes to say, "the blush has worn off that rose," there are times that transport me back to when my feet didn't touch the ground & I was a silly, giddy thing.  I'm glad it's still there.

1 comment:

Incognito said...

I like that; congrats on an anniversary of love.