Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Massage Therapy

can be a very good thing when stressed out about a black belt test. It has been a very troubling few practice times recently. Nothing has gone right. My breaking seminar failed to produce the desired effects: both the cinder blocks as well as the boards & recently all my forms classes have proven to show, well, bad forms--bad kicking, wrong arm placement, forgotten steps...you get the idea. When I acted in shows in high school & beyond, we always talked about bad dress rehearsals yielding great opening nights. That's what I hope will happen on Saturday during the test. Since everything has gone badly just prior to the test, maybe the test itself will be phenomenal. I can only hope....

Anyhoo--I know this massage therapist that I have seen at most of the wine tastings I go to. He & I have talked over the past few months & recently I got up the nerve to ask for a massage. I admit--ulterior motive here. Yes, he's cute, yes, he appreciates good wines, & yes, getting a massage can be a wonderful prelude to, well, do I have to spell it out???!!! I admit--my massage fantasies have taken hold here. So he & I make an appointment for today & I tell him that after the massage I'll show him my wine cellar--wink, wink, nudge, nudge. I am such a bad girl....In reality though, the massage was great & he only charged me for a half hour when he gave me about an hour & 20 minute massage. I feel so much more relaxed & mentally prepared for this ordeal on Saturday so if nothing else, my body is in a better place. I do show him my collection & we pick out a nice, mid-priced Pinot Noir from 2004. Truchard--great bouquet & really a straightforward Pinot. We enjoyed it & I think, getting to know one another better--in fact, we have plans for Thursday to open yet another bottle from my collection--go ahead, twist my arm! I can't resist a good massage done by a cute guy with a nice wine to enjoy after.....it is so great being off from work these few days....I am getting caught up on my naughtier side which recently I've neglected--hello wicked girl! Ah yes, deep tissue rubs & Pinot Noirs--what more can a girl want? Wait--don't answer that! I'll keep you posted....

1 comment:

Chris said...

This is so cool, I just loved reading it, keep posts like this coming.

Robert