Thursday, May 26, 2011

Appreciation

On Sunday Xing Fu tried to off me...
Yep, I was trimming the jib during a race & I was grinding in when all of a sudden we were scuppers in the water & me, well I was almost up to my waist--at least one leg was.  Xing Fu was on main & had forgotten the traveller so we were heeled way over.  And then later, since he didn't get rid of me that way-- He hit me with the boom...tenacious aren't I??

But, I appreciate the attempt--but I appreciate this even more:

"I asked my girlfriend: How did your dad show your mom that he loved her? Her response: "Ceaseless appreciation of everything she did for him. He treated everything she did as if it were a surprise, as if it were the first time he'd ever had her chili or smelled her perfume. He noted every routine kindness. And he loved her the same way, consistently."  

From Esquire


From Xing Fu:   "Looking at my tie earlier today, I smiled at your helping me trim the thread. A loving gesture."  

"I hope we always smile together",  is what I wrote back.

He says these things to me a lot.  Just makes me remember the dating mishaps & how I always had hope that the right person was out there for me & that through it all I'd always kept a positive attitude.  

How great that I have a man who isn't afraid to share his appreciation with me & how incredible is it that he loves to sail.  He may exasperate me sometimes, piss me off, & frustrate me too, but he is, as we approach the year & a half mark, my best friend--I am thankful for all that he does to enhance my life.  Yikes, am I a mushy one right now! 

No comments: