Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Domestic Bliss?

Xing Fu remarked to me the other day that we were being quite domestic these days.  I asked him what he meant by that.  He said that recently we've spent more time around the house & hanging out.  He also added that perhaps it was a new phase of our relationship--a level of comfort with one another.  Certainly correct--I think I said that in an earlier post.  In terms of hanging around the house--we did chill Friday night & watched Robot Chicken.  Particularly the episode that took the "Laff-A-Lympics"  & turned them into "Laff-A-Munich"--gotta love the twisted take on those Hanna Barbera cartoons.  That happens to be a favorite of mine--very oddball humor--makes sense in my case.  Actually, we watched that & an episode of Aquateen Hunger Force.  Since we rarely watch TV at all, it was rather domestic, I suppose.  But there's more evidence....

There were a lot of activities that we needed to attend to over the weekend--kids' games (my kid is playing soccer, e.g.), grocery shopping....I had a paper to work on & I had a visit from a friend to go over some educational stuff for her kid--so we were in & out quite a lot.  Although Saturday evening was rather activity-laden.  We went to a Sukkah hop that friends of mine had & then to an Oktoberfest party that one of Xing Fu's former co-workers hosted--so quite busy--certainly like most of our weekends together.

But I gotta say that yes, I agree with him--there was a "domestic bliss" about our time together this weekend.  It was nice--a change of pace--a deep breath after a very fast-paced summer...I liked it.  

No comments: