Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Under Pressure

Pressure pushing down on me
Pressing down on you no man ask for
Under pressure that burns a building down
Splits a family in two
Puts people on streets

It's the terror of knowing
What this world is about
Watching some good friends
Screaming let me out
Tomorrow gets me higher
Pressure on people - people on streets

--Queen & David Bowie

ACK!!  I m feeling a great deal of pressure right now--this house thing is taking on a life of it's own.  The kitchen floor is torn up now, painting will be starting soon, & we have been looking at houses on the market. We want to get my house listed by the end of February--and of course, I am praying that it sells quickly.  Problem is that the house up the street is also for sale....new kitchen & bathroom...but what my house has is a brand new roof as of last Thursday, new windows & doors, and some upgrades.  If someone who is buying doesn't like the new kitchen in the house up the street(I went through the house with my realtor just to get a picture of what I was up against), then mine will be ideal because they can put in a kitchen that they want.  Also, I have a corner lot & the lot up the street is tiny.  I am putting in new floors.  The ones in my competition are not wood but what appears to be cheap laminate.  I have decent wood floors throughout so that is another selling point.  But this is the pressure--to be competitive in this buyer's market, to get everything done with a general contractor who seems to move at the rate of molasses (but he's really a good guy--no weird stuff) but is thorough, to get the clutter, & all the accumulation of 11 years' worth of crap packed up, thrown out, or given away, & staging the house to sell.  Of course I haven't mentioned the other big issue:  finding a house that works for our families....as I said, "ACK!!"

No comments: