Monday, January 19, 2009

NoBul Red & Ravens

I am sad that we aren't going to the Super Bowl and that's all I'm going to say about it.

This past week has been very trying for me & I've been again flooded with the feelings that I try to avoid when dealing with the Bull. I don't know exactly what triggered it all but it may have had something to do with his phone call on Tuesday telling me he wasn't going to stay over this weekend. I think I saw the tailspin triggered about right there--of course it didn't help that my hormones were completely out of whack too. As soon as I pressure the man in any way he gets all wonky on me....my punishment for actually confronting him last week. Poor Bull though--he has not had a good week either. He was told that his contract would not be renewed & he's now got to scramble to get a new job, not lose his apartment, & pay his bills--he's seriously sweating bullets & I feel for him. I wish there was something more I could do. But I think keeping my mouth shut about my issues with him & trying to help him feel as good as I can do did the trick.

While wine tasting my BFF(1) & I came across a nice Tempranillo wine called Nobul Red. Well it was at least three weeks ago that we found it & it took us until last night to realize the irony of the name. Even sadder is that there is a picture of a bull on the label & we STILL didn't connect the dots until last night! Maybe it was that the Bull was right in her living room & I had just finished telling her about our racy pre-game romp & how he came very close to causing us to miss at least the first half, that we both looked at the wine bottle & completely lost it. We couldn't stop giggling most of the first half of the game. We had a great time & she told me that the two of us looked mighty cozy snuggling on her couch throughout the game. He did stay the night after all. No Bull!

No comments: