Sunday, January 25, 2009

Torreadors & More

My BFF(1) told the Bull his name on my blog-- My BFF(1) cannot keep a secret! She's been dying to tell him since the Nobul Red event. He's never read the blog & says he's not sure he wants to--I'm really not sure I want him to either--too many potential personal pitfalls (love that alliteration!).

Finally the Bull attended the Best Friend's Saturday Wine Tasting. And on the list was....you guessed it....Nobul Red!!! So of course my BFF(1) & I cracked up--& why she had to spill the beans. He was very funny. He's decided that he was going to come up with a better name--that will be interesting. He had a bottle of coke with him that he refused to give up, stating that was his wine of choice, & that he was a two-fisted drinker & was talking about everything BUT tasting wine. He was entertaining my BFF(1) while my BFF(2) & I were trying, unsuccessfully, to taste wines--go figure! Actually, he made it very difficult for any of us to concentrate. I was in a heightened state with him anyway because recently certain things had changed with him--more about that later. He & I wandered over to pick out a bottle of Reisling for later since he likes whites better than reds--OH NO!!! So now I have an unopened bottle of Reisling in the fridge that I promised I wouldn't use for cooking....

While all this was going on, a guy who I've been talking to on the phone & who I met for the first time today was in the the Wine store. He told me that he saw me with a blond (BFF(2)). At first I wasn't sure because I was also with BFF(1) & the Bull-but he mentioned both of them too. I'm very glad that he didn't walk up to me because it could have been VERY awkward. As it stands I met him for coffee today & he's cute, funny & 17 years my senior. Ah--I may have a potential sugar daddy! We will go out again. Also potentially a pitfall was when the sugar daddy called me this afternoon while the Bull was still in my house folding laundry on my bed. The Bull could hear it was a guy on the phone & kept mouthing words at me like "slut" & "whore" making me laugh so hard I couldn't talk--I tried to shush him but he kept making faces at me & saying stuff. He said he did that because he could hear the guy's voice & wanted me to keep laughing. He says he's not possessive but I said that a little possessiveness is good.

Anyway, we attended a dinner for Black Belts at a really good Korean restaurant in Catonsville & the Bull had a field day. Heaped a ton of meat on the cooking grill in the middle of the table, kept giving me all kinds of foods to try including acorn--a little odd but at least I can say I've eaten it. He was, as usual, charming & fun. He always asks me after we go to things like that if he did a good job with my friends, etc. It's like this very self-assured guy has a little kid inside still not sure if people like him. Times like that make me like him even more--

I said I'd say why things have changed with the Bull--he got rid of the other woman he was also dating. So now it's just us....finally! And now I'm more willing to be open with him & not hold back certain parts of me (not literally). He's commented on this & he brought his laundry too--BFF(1) says that's a BIG deal! I told him that he was welcome to do his laundry but don't expect me to do it. This weekend was very different--we had very frank & honest discussions about how we felt, etc. He told me that I caused a lot of trouble for him with the other person which apparently was one reason why it didn't last--she got too possessive. So I had to ask why, if it was causing all this trouble, did he continue to see me despite trying to have a realtionship with her? If everyone remembers, he did break up with me in October to pursue this other relationship. Obviously, he couldn't just let me go & I decided just to see where it would go & be patient--hence all of my very conflicted thoughts about the Bull in the first place. He told me that he thought we were great friends, which he knew I already knew, that we had similar values & that he has a lot of fun with me & that we are good together. We are--I've known that a long time--again, I'll be patient & see where we go. I made a promise to myself that when we hit the 9 month mark, if we were still seeing one another, I'd reassess whether or not I wanted to continue with the Bull. We are at month 7 so I have two more to go. Right now I'm still waving the red cape.

No comments: