Friday, July 24, 2009

Call me Crazy but....


you only live once! I'm leaving for Amsterdam in 8 days. It has been a dating blitz since my kid was deposited at camp (received the shortest letter--5 lines) and one of my dates ( a very nice father of 3) offered to take me to Amsterdam. Yes, I know it's crazy and I may be insane for accepting, but when will I have the opportunity to go on an all-expenses paid trip to Amsterdam again? Huh? Huh? Like NEVER!!! Therefore, against my mommy's warnings but with the blessings of my BFFs, my sis, and even my principal at my school, I am going. And yes, I do have rules that must be adhered to or I will not go. Rest assured that everyone & his brother will know where I am--laptop comes with--gotta blog next to the canal! OMG!! I can't believe I'm even considering....so anyone who thinks I'm certifiable--you may be right, but as I said, "you're only given one life--gotta dance!"

Another new date tonight--should be interesting--I'm quite sure that he won't be offering me a trip somewhere though--his car died so I'm driving. Never a dull one!

Racing this weekend--Corsica River & back--going on an old Triton--experienced crew & opportunity to learn other positions besides pit. I see a positive learning experience ahead. Sounds like a nice party as well but I don't anticipate drinking like I did when I was at Miles.

1 comment:

Incognito said...

After having been off the computer for a week (yes, it IS possible!), I read this and need to take some time to mull it over. It DOES sound very exciting and Amsterdam is a very INTERESTING place to say the least!!