Thursday, January 7, 2010

It Must Be In The Air


I am thinking it's a sign
That the freckles in our eyes

Are mirror images and

When we kiss they're perfectly aligned


And I have to speculate

That God himself did make us into
Corresponding shapes like puzzles pieces From the clay
True, it may seem like a stretch

But it's thoughts like this

That catch my troubled head

When you're away, when I am missing you to death
--Iron & Wine Such Great Heights

Feeling a bit melancholic recently & looking around the blogosphere it appears others are as well...go figure.

Anyhow, I posted this song for a couple of reasons:

About the time that my ex-husband & I separated the movie Garden State came out--one of my favorites. Even though I was suffering a major loss in my life & a failed marriage, I loved the picture this song painted, and paints. It gave me hope that I could find a love where I felt that close to someone that we reflect each other. I still feel that way. The kind where you're of a like-mind, or you finish each other's thoughts...I saw a show a couple of days ago on MPT called This Emotional Life. One segment focused on long-term relationships. One thing said that struck me was about how successful couples do things together--share interests, & participate in uncommon activities together--biking tour or skydiving, whatever. My folks are like that--they've been together for 30+ years. And actually theirs is a second marriage. My dad is really my stepfather but he really is my dad so I call him that. But that's not my point--what it is is that it gives me hope--that I'll find my "corresponding puzzle piece".



2 comments:

The Archer said...

Hang in there kiddo...

Unknown said...

Hey, anything I say here will be lame, so I might as well say the lamest thing, because I mean it: Good luck.