Saturday, February 13, 2010

Finding A Rhythm

It's been over a month now & things are great between us & continue that way...mush & all. As time passes, we need to find a rhythm to our relationship & that ain't easy! Between our kids' schedules & our schedules, & work....finding time. (I remember some dude I had a first & only date with last spring telling me that I was too busy to have a relationship--I think I told him that if I like someone I'll make the time. I didn't make anymore time for him.) Since I have my kid 100% of the time, I imagine that asking my friends for favors wears thin occasionally, I'm sure. I owe my BFF(J) big time for last week's snow storm--case in point. I think my son even has a toothbrush over there--his second home. Next week he goes with his granddad so I'll have a fairly free weekend--but the shuffling continues--good thing he has a lot friends--he is often spending the night at someone's house, which certainly makes it easier to coordinate then. But it is a juggling game constantly.

We try to see each other a few times during the week, and it is usually later because of all of the activities--a few hours here or there...patience is the key. I always look forward to longer times together but right now they are few--that's what I mean about establishing a rhythm--seeing how the pattern of our separate lives looks & then trying to find the merge--it's still pretty new so it can be a bit difficult. I know there are a lot of things we want to do together--like going to a wine tasting or skiing, the beach, or maybe going to a museum but so far we just haven't been able to coordinate those things yet--perhaps these crazy blizzards have had an impact--they seem to hit us at the most inconvenient times....

So we keep plugging at it & so far I've been satisfied that we are maximizing our ability to spend time together--the phone call this morning was a very welcome surprise--just knowing he's thinking of me makes me feel warm & happy. Of course the roses on Thursday night added to that overall wonderful feeling as well....

No comments: