Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Expansive

 I seem to be coming across a lot of good articles about how relationships continue to be positive over the long term.  This time I saw an article in the New York Times.   Written regarding marriages, I find it still applies to LTRs.  http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/02/weekinreview/02parkerpope.html?_r=1&emc=eta1

It talks about "sustainable" love & how to attain that through improving yourself--but your partner is the one who helps "sculpt"  that growth.  According to the article by Tara Parker-Pope,    
"Research shows that the more self-expansion people experience from their partner, the more committed and satisfied they are in the relationship."  Does their partner encourage new experiences together?  Do they help the other person improve or do they have qualities the other lacks & help balance them out?  I've discussed this before more specific to my relationship--Xing Fu grounds me--he is a lot more practical than I am & helps pull me down to reality on occasion--not a bad thing.  I in turn, often help him to lighten up.  He also talks about how I come up with interesting & creative things to do together--all of these examples seem to be supported by the article.  Bodes well for the future.  


Sublime is the summertime warm and lazy
These are perfect days like heaven's about here
Unlike summer came and went your love is forever
I feel it and my heart knows that we share it together
Lyrics by George Harrison, Sung by Ben Bridwell
Your Love Is Forever 

No comments: