Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Moldy Oldie

Something in the wind has learned my name
And it's tellin' me that things are not the same
In the leaves on the trees and the touch
of the breeze
There's a pleasin' sense of happiness for me.

There is only one wish on my mind
When this day is through I hope
that I will find
That tomorrow will be just the same
for you and me
All I need will be mine if you are here.

--The Carpenters  

The above song lyrics were sent in an email from Xing Fu.  He told me that he was singing the song in his head just before we woke up on Monday morning.  Such an incredible feeling to have, knowing that I make him feel that way & that he wakes up singing.  Can't ask for better.   Often, we marvel at just how compatible we are--we both get into looking at lyrics to favorite songs and setting them as a soundtrack to our lives--I know I've written about that before but looking at all of those compatibilities, I'm just amazed--both of us are.  

On Saturday it will be our one year anniversary.  Xing Fu says he doesn't hold dates as important like I do, but for me dates are a big thang.  I remember last year & how I had a sense even before our relationship changed from friendship, that this was going to be something big.  There was an undercurrent that took my breath away & when our relationship did change, I think it knocked us both--wonderful & it gets better almost a year later.  

I sent him an email today--I had read something on MSN that couples who play together, stay together.  I copied most of the games listed in the article & how that benefits couples.  He added that I had suggested geocaching & that was something we've both enjoyed together.  Of course, we have a Scrabble challenge and we've yet to hold the tournament....He told me that he appreciates me because I'm always thinking about these kinds of things.  I like that he will read articles that I find in magazines like Cosmo or Redbook that I think will enhance our relationship & will take them seriously & be willing to try suggestions.  I hope that we continue to enhance each others' lives for many, many years to come.

No comments: