Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Great, Nice Guys to Have Fun With

"Soul mate. Two little words, one big concept. A belief that someone, somewhere, is holding the key to your heart. And your dreamhouse. All you have to do is find them. So, where is this person? And if you love someone and it didn't work out, does that mean they weren't your soulmate? Were they just a runner-up contestant in this gameshow called happily ever after? And, as you move from age box to age box and the contestants get fewer and fewer, are your chances of finding your soulmate less and less?" Are soulmates a reality, or a torture device?"

Charlotte: Don't laugh at me, but maybe we can be each other's soul-mates? And then, we could let men be just these great, nice guys to have fun with.

Samantha: Well...that sounds like a plan.


From: Sex & The City


Everybody says that I have to be strong & be able to be happy with myself being alone first before someone else can share my life. I thought I have been happy alone & now want to find someone who enhances the life I've made for myself & my son. But so far there are no takers. In a moment of synchronicity I was watching SATC & the above episode was on. I had been thinking about my amazing friends & how lucky I was to have them. My BFF (1) who is like a mother hen--extremely protective of me & willing to confront the bull (and any other guy who's wronged me in some way for that matter--see Christmas Eve fiasco) when they've hurt me. [I may not have written about that--the guy from work & I were supposed to go out Xmas eve & he texts me right when he was supposed to come over to cancel. I may be Jewish but that really sucked.] CFW who is the one who says that I shouldn't settle for second best when it comes to the bull, BFF (2) who can always be practical about situations, & my sis who really more than anyone else helps me cut through the bullshit & see the big picture. They are my soul mates just like Charlotte says & I am grateful to have them all. And sure enough the bull really is a great, nice guy to have fun with (for now...)


New Year's Eve:

The universe continues its quest to laugh at me... Last night I get a phone call from the bull (hadn't heard from him since Boxing Day) saying he will most probably spend New Year's with me now. So do I say, "No, I have plans?" or "Oh, that's great!"? I know I should have said that I had plans, but according to my mom that would be cutting of my nose to spite my face--I have to agree. If I told him to piss off then I'd spend NYE wondering what he was doing & who he was with & bemoaning the fact that I wasn't with him & generally being shitty company to everyone around me. Instead I get my wish to spend it with him, have a great dinner with my family, & then go to a party with my BFF(1) & shoot off fireworks & have someone to kiss for the New Year. That to me sounds like as close to an ideal New Year's as I've had in a while. Needless to say, I am quite happy.


To all who read this: Have a happy & safe New Year's and all the best to everyone for 2009!


1 comment:

yellojkt said...

Sounds like a great way to bring in the new year. Enjoy.