Sunday, November 23, 2008

Kissing Frogs

I have resigned myself to the simple fact that my mother is always right. I must kiss frogs...but where is my prince charming? I've been hanging out on the dating websites without too much success--the guys recently have loved to email but getting to the meeting part of things just hasn't worked until this week. I'd been chatting with this guy online & it looked very promising--in fact I hadn't been so charged about a new guy since originally chatting with the bull. He lives in Harford County. That could've been held against him (sorry anyone from up there--I lived up there for 4 years & it was way too conservative for me), but he seemed kinda quirky so I thought let's see where this may go. He wasn't bad looking either so that certainly helped. We planned to go down to D.C. (HaHa) to listen to music--The Oranges Band (From Baltimore)--they are great by the way so check 'em out! They were playing at a super little club call the Red & the Black on H. So the trusting soul that I am--I agreed to let him pick me up at the homestead..yes I KNOW it's risky but I've never had a problem yet--& with a blackbelt I think I can defend myself...

The date was nice--he's a nice guy--attentive, not a bad kisser but---still a frog. No attraction again--at least he smelled fine--mebbe too much cologne--bleh, but no clash of the pheromones. My mom said to give him another chance as he may grow on me. I said that the bull has ruined it for anyone else right now...but of course I'll give him another go...I need to because as a result of my escapades with the bull on Friday night/morning, I was so tired coming home that I crashed on the drive. I totally burned the candle from both ends. But he was a very good sport about it so I do owe him another date--one in which I actually stay awake to kiss the guy.


2 comments:

Ros said...

The "hoestead"?! You're being too harsh on yourself. Wahahahaha.

Unknown said...

heh--shows you how awake I was when I wrote this...