Monday, March 9, 2009

New Beginnings, Old Profile

Been here before. I distinctly remember a post to this blog about picking myself up, etc. But weirdly this time I'm looking forward to the fun again. Instead of the dread, I am already having fun. Yeah, I do miss certain aspects of my ex-relationship with the Bull & yes I know I'll have to go back to the 50 first dates/kiss a lot of frogs part of life, but...all it took was a convo with the other woman in this story who said she was already back on-line last week & was talking to someone to give me a bit of a jolt. She even offered to share him since we'd had such luck with that before....If after all the bullshit (heh) she still wanted to begin dating right away & put this chapter behind her, then maybe I could too. I like her--I think we've been through a lot that only we can understand & she seems pretty cool. I wished we'd met under better circumstances because I think we'd be friends. It's a little weird right now, though. Perhaps in time. I want to publicly wish her luck because I think we both went through varying levels of hell & to find out all of this via my blog was beyond a punch in the gut.

But back to the original thought thread...after being given that little cattle-prod (heh), I have put my profile back in active status & tried to reconnect with some of the guys I rejected before because they just didn't measure up at that time. Now I can view them in another light--one not shadowed by bullshit. (God, I kill myself!) So already there have been some promising prospects--I am quite excited. I took a departure from my usual haunts & paid for another service that I hadn't tried yet. Just like last summer when I met the Bull, there are about 10 guys who seem pretty interested & are actually very interesting. The best one so far is a bit like Aiden on SATC. He even seems to have a bit of that rehab persona...we're already scheduled to meet for lunch this week. There is definitely that spark in conversation that I look for & I think he feels it too judging by the texts flying back & forth between us. Oh, & our birthdays are only 5 days apart--I'm the older woman. But, he's another D.C. There's another sailor--a bit older but has great taste in music--some emails exchanged. A guy that I had begun talking to when I was still with the Bull (one of those times I was full of doubt) called tonight & he seemed pretty even-keeled & a nice Jewish boy. There are a few more but we're at the kinda impersonal stage of introductory emails. So I feel pretty good that there's been a lot of interest generated again. Woohoo! For a while there just wasn't anything that I liked--I think the blinders are off & here we go again....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what happened to the guest post?

We need our schadenfreude!

Unknown said...

Heh--not sure she will--I think she's needing space, etc. I'm not going to force it.

notthemomma said...

Woohoo, go come-back kid!