Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Concurrence

A connecting principle
Linked to the invisible
Almost imperceptible                   
Something inexpressible
Science insusceptible
Logic so inflexible
Causally connectable
Yet nothing is invincible
--Synchronicity I, The Police

Another occurence of synchronicity happened yesterday--we often wonder how many times a day that actually happens, but in this case we both sent emails to one another at 8:37 AM.  I thought, "hmmm...this is a little freaky-deaky, but why am I surprised by this?"  It is our harmony & our connection & it is very real.  It is interesting to study, especially when looking at our differences.  At this point, we've come across a few & they are certainly part of learning each other--but as we take a closer look at those potential pit-falls, the baseline of that connectedness we have helps to craft those "pit-falls" into complimentary differences & opportunities for each of us to grow. 

Yeah, analysis of all of this seems a little much at times, but I think we both want to get it right--we feel that strongly.  And I see how many couples fail because they don't look at some of this stuff & blunder through opportunities to grow as individuals as well as a couple.  One huge difference is our approach to addressing conflict.  I tend to confront issues immediately--Xing Fu says that he tends to run from conflict.  I have found that when a person does not look at problems up front, they get much worse because they then get filtered through all kinds of perspective changers--and misperceptions tend to abound.  That's when hurt happens--yes, initially, there may be pain in confrontation, but it's over soon & the real work can begin.  I'm pretty sure that it has been far more productive for us because I do push a discussion through.  We have found that our connection has become that much stronger.  Thus the complimentary nature of our relationship in this particular aspect--

There are other areas we've discovered as well--he tends toward the more practical & I tend to be a lot more flighty--it's good to be pulled to the ground occasionally & believe me, I need it.  Letting go is yet another biggy....I'll talk about that one another time.  Until then, hitting the books & studying my heart out.

1 comment:

JESSON and REY ANN said...

Nice post i like it, keep blogging and If you want too, kindly and please visit my blog http://jabrasr.blogspot.com/ thank you in advance.

I would like also to share this to your reader,... The Succes and Opportunity Family:

The father of succes is WORK,
The mother of succes is AMBITION,
The oldest son of succes is COMMON SENSE
Some of the other sons of success are PERSEVERENCE, HONESTY, THOROUGHNESS, FORESIGHT, ENTHUSIASM, and COOPERATION;
The oldest daughter of succes is CHARACTER,
Some sisters of success are CHEERFULNESS, LOYALTY, CARE, ECONOMY, and SINCERITY,
The baby is OPPORTUNITY.