Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Concurrence

A connecting principle
Linked to the invisible
Almost imperceptible                   
Something inexpressible
Science insusceptible
Logic so inflexible
Causally connectable
Yet nothing is invincible
--Synchronicity I, The Police

Another occurence of synchronicity happened yesterday--we often wonder how many times a day that actually happens, but in this case we both sent emails to one another at 8:37 AM.  I thought, "hmmm...this is a little freaky-deaky, but why am I surprised by this?"  It is our harmony & our connection & it is very real.  It is interesting to study, especially when looking at our differences.  At this point, we've come across a few & they are certainly part of learning each other--but as we take a closer look at those potential pit-falls, the baseline of that connectedness we have helps to craft those "pit-falls" into complimentary differences & opportunities for each of us to grow. 

Yeah, analysis of all of this seems a little much at times, but I think we both want to get it right--we feel that strongly.  And I see how many couples fail because they don't look at some of this stuff & blunder through opportunities to grow as individuals as well as a couple.  One huge difference is our approach to addressing conflict.  I tend to confront issues immediately--Xing Fu says that he tends to run from conflict.  I have found that when a person does not look at problems up front, they get much worse because they then get filtered through all kinds of perspective changers--and misperceptions tend to abound.  That's when hurt happens--yes, initially, there may be pain in confrontation, but it's over soon & the real work can begin.  I'm pretty sure that it has been far more productive for us because I do push a discussion through.  We have found that our connection has become that much stronger.  Thus the complimentary nature of our relationship in this particular aspect--

There are other areas we've discovered as well--he tends toward the more practical & I tend to be a lot more flighty--it's good to be pulled to the ground occasionally & believe me, I need it.  Letting go is yet another biggy....I'll talk about that one another time.  Until then, hitting the books & studying my heart out.

No comments: