Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Stages

The above comic strip is so true.  It is so easy to misconstrue the other person's meaning.  I'm not saying this has happened, but it is easy to do so especially as we move into a more familiar aspect of our relationship--we are no longer in the throes of the "first bloom", sweep me completely of my feet (although I have been told that I still glow...) part of life and have now entered into a more realistic perspective--I'd like to think it is actually a more intimate stage.

That being said, there have been adjustments especially since Xing Fu has been away recently & finding time for one another becomes sometimes difficult (I reference back to an earlier post:  http://boyfriendplease-sailorgrl.blogspot.com/2010/02/finding-rhythm.html  )  We keep reminding ourselves that communication is key because like that comic above, there are many areas where there could be a break-down, especially with so many priorities & people vying for our attention.  It certainly is a balancing act on so many fronts....one word comes to mind fairly often: COMPROMISE.

I think the last few weeks have been kind of rough for me, an adjustment, a reality check on what I'm thinking.  Xing Fu remarked about that last night--he is right--the real world comes crashing in & working with the reality can be difficult at times for me, but I think we both are working hard to understand what the other needs & adjust accordingly as best we can under our own constraints.  The work we put into this relationship thingy...I wrote this in an email today: "makes me appreciate the positive work we put into us (something we may not have been so willing to do with others in the past)."   Again I can reference Lori Gottlieb & her comments about working into a partnership.  And that's what we want.

Stage: Work in Progress

No comments: